httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: using perl in the configuration process
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 14:02:16 GMT
I certainly prefer installing perl on OS/390 than autoconf/m4/libtool
whatever.  Also, perl actually works on OS/390, whereas libtool
doesn't.

We've been using the Mortice Kern port of autoconf with Apache 2.0 on
OS/390 and haven't had many problems with autoconf so far.  I found an
ASCII-ism in an autoconf-provided test which supposedly sees if you
have ANSI header files, but I don't remember any other autoconf
problems.  There are more config issues yet to solve so there is room
for more autoconf snafus, but so far so good.

Ryan raised the issue of licensing over the weekend; that is my main
concern.  Note that Apache won't currently build on all supported
platforms if GPL-ed code were removed.
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...