httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Authorisation realms: "newbie" question
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 17:31:16 GMT
On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 05:07:56PM -0800, Ilya Volynets wrote:
>  I've been trying to mimiqe custom authorisation
> functionality provided by OWAS. One of its features is
> an ability to set authorisation realm from within "authorize"
> procedure. When I tried to deal with this situation,
> I discovered that it is not possible to set this information from
> within a module (or at least I didn't find any API function for that).
> Is it intentional, is there any specific reason for it?

I don't quite understand. What is the specific user functionality you
want to add?

You naturally have to know the realm before sending the 401 error code
to the user. So I guess you want to set the realm based on specifics
of the user's request other than directory and file? This sounds
useful.

It doesn't look like this possible using existing APIs, but you could
probably just take the functions used to verify passwords in
http_protocol.c or mod_auth_digest, and put modified versions in your
module.