httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: RANT: Absolute Paths and configure
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2000 13:17:19 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> ...well, another alpha goes by, and make still fails on Tru64 because
> the includes don't use absolute paths. Is no-one interested in this?
>
> Also, wtf is going on with APACHE_MPM_THREAD (in
> src/modules/mpm/config.m4)? APR correctly figures out how to build
> threaded stuff, then this goes and blows it by making a half-assed guess
> (and failing). Commenting it out at least gets configure to complete on
> Tru64.
>
> This configure stuff is a nightmare. I thought it was supposed to be an
> improvement, but it seems to me to be so incredibly tangled that no-one
> stands a chance of figuring it out.
>
> Surely there's a better way!

Adding abs path info to configure is something that I'm hoping to
do. Once I flowchart configure (at least roughly) to see how
it's working. There's still the problem of ENV variables to
top level configure not migrating down. PHP4 handles this so I'm
trying to gleam hints from there.

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"