httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <>
Subject Re: ap_status_t for Win32 (some conclusion finally?)
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2000 18:46:20 GMT
On Sat, 1 Apr 2000 12:34:36 -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:

>> > - It allows using the default unix implementation on non-unix platforms
>> > without having to use macro wrappers around errno. IE "return errno;"
>> > can be used safely everywhere.
>> All the advantages I was hoping for.  As long as we can "return errno" and
>> do a
>Ryan (and anyone else):
>If I change the APR error definitions I posted earlier today so that
>on Windows "return errno" works and that in macros we play some trick
>on Windows like turn on bit 29 for native OS errors, does that meet
>your approval?

I think this is more complex than is needed as it's platform specific.
Some other platform may have actual error codes that have bit 29 set.
Take a look at my proposed scheme and if you can find a significant
disadvantage or deficiency in it then let us know. The way I've worked
it, nothing needs to know about any bit mappings in Win32 error codes
and should work in an identical way on all platforms. In fact it's so
simple there must be _something_ wrong with it or we would have come up
with it long ago (unless we're just slow that is ;-)

 |  |  He's a very naughty boy!" - Life of Brian |

View raw message