httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject ap_send_fb_length() oddness
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:35:13 GMT
Here is a piece of code from ap_send_fb_length().  The section of code handles the
blocking read on a CGI pipe.

Should we be seting connection aborted (r->connection->aborted = 1) when the other side
of
the pipe is closed signaling EOF?  This is totally non-intuitive to me. Why mark the
network connection as aborted just because the pipe closed down?

            ap_bsetopt(fb, BO_TIMEOUT, &r->server->timeout);
            rv = ap_bread(fb, buf, sizeof(buf), &n);
            if (n == 0) {
                if (rv == APR_SUCCESS) {        /* eof */
                    (void) ap_rflush(r);
                }
                r->connection->aborted = 1;  /* LOOK HERE... Should we be doing this
here?
*/
                break;
            }
            ap_bsetopt(fb, BO_TIMEOUT, &zero_timeout);