httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/misc/unix errorcodes.c
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2000 21:36:56 GMT
> Bill,
>
> The primary error code on ALL platforms is errno.  The Windows native
> error codes should be APR_OS_START_SYSERR + native code.  I'm not sure if
> the docs are correct right now, but that is the decided upon design.
>
> Ryan

Sorry, but I disagree. The primary error code on windows is getlasterror/wsagetlasterror,
not errno.  I was following the design document and it basically outlines what I think is
the correct way to proceed (and what I thought we were doing all along).  Since we are
canonicalizing all the error messages before making decisions on them, I don't see the
need to impose the "The primary error code on ALL platforms is errno"  rule on the other
platforms.  We also gain a couple of things by using the native return codes in the <
APR_OS_START_ERROR range:  Native error numbers can be written to the logs & the APR code
looks cleaner because we don't have to litter it with  return (GetLastError() +
APR_OS_START_SYSERROR);

Bill