httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Announce: NTLM authentication module
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:51:27 GMT

> On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

I don't think (a) is necessarily that simple. If Samba were written by one person, then
that person could do whatever he wanted with the code, but since Samba is written by many,
it becomes more of a problem. Everyone who ever donated to the code base would have to
'agree'. Fat chance, even if it were possible to indentify everyone.  Linking does not
eliminate the GPL virual effects.

Bill