httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Errno code in APR again.
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 18:57:06 GMT
> Well, first of all this is ugly.  But there is no help for that.  The fact
> is that most unix's define these two values to be the same.  If there are
> some IMHO brain-dead unix's that don't, we have a way to fix this.

I'd say a system that treated these differently is working in the spirit of
the Unix designers who originally came up with these errnos. Why else would
they have both?   So, either the systems that treat these the same are brain
dead or the original designers are brain dead for thinking they needed both
:-). Just kidding of course. Unix design is! Let's not be too judgmental!

Bill