httpd-dev mailing list archives

From willem.vanp...@philips.com
Subject RE: Announce: NTLM authentication module (source included)
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:54:11 GMT

> I'm considering, if it is possible, to make Challenge/Response a seperate
> layer or module from NT user authentication.  In this way we could possibly
> offer Challenge/Response on top of an htpasswd file, a database (vauge, I
> know), or the NT domain.

If possible, please make sure the module is able to authenticate against more
than one domain. So far, I have not seen an NT authentication module that is
able to do that, but it is something that could save me some serious work, as
we have a number of trusted domains that should be able to access restricted
areas of our intranet.

I have not been able yet to test if this NTLM module fits my needs, but as
soon as I have installed gcc I am going to put some time into it.

Willem van Pelt
Philips Digital Networks