httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/test testoc.c
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 14:18:24 GMT
Is anyone else concerned about the amount of code duplicated in each os
branch in APR?  Much of this code (maybe all of it, I've not looked closely)
is exactly the same as the code in the Unix branch. I'm not picking on you
David, there is duplicated code all over APR and I've been concerned about
it for awhile now. I see much of this code diverging over time with fixes
put in one place but not the other and we end up shooting the same bugs over
and over for each platform. I would rather see a -few- #ifdefs rather than
code duplicated because of minor platform differences.