httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: [Fwd: Improved module.]
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2000 01:29:18 GMT

No, the humor wasn't lost on me... but this time it's my emailer that
didn't help me dig that deep (at first).

Anywho, about the proposed isapi patch...

1) it doesn't watch memory whatsoever, it simply grows until it explodes.

2) there is no toggle on this behavior

I'm against it as proposed but would be happy to wrap it up with an
IsapiOrDie flag to toggle it.  It's an interesting thought
experiment at least, and could provide the basis to work from.

The second aspect I would change before posting it as a diff would be
to hook up an isapi_file_t struct with both the handle, filename,
and then we can extend with max_served_pages, max_errors etc.
The allocations need to be in some pool, to boot.

I was going to write up my thoughts as a diff to mod_isapi.html,
with all options Not Yet Supported, and see where it goes from
there.  That won't happen till next week though, so if someone
wants to beat me to it, more power to you :-)