httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: CGI workups (was WinBuild)
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2000 03:32:31 GMT

My other biggie is to create a mapping table function to allow
administrators to quickly map, say, all /usr/bin/perl to
/home/usr/bin/perl (or for windows folks, map /usr/bin/perl
to c:\program files\perl\bin\perl :-)

This is a big hangup I have provided all the websites I cross
test and code for... when silly things like that change alot
I'm always forgetting to trip it.

I'm also less than pleased with any of the registry handling
stuff, since everything after the %1 script name argument is
lopped off (and may be critical, such as a perl switch).
I'd also like to see an override (or exclusive control) option
within the registry, to override today's options:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    \perlfile
         \shell
              \open
                   \command  commandstring

with something like

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    \perlfile
         \shell (possibly httpd or apache instead)
              \ExecCGI
                   \command  commandstring

which would allow web admins not to worry about people trying
to serve up .doc files with notepad :-)  The advantage to
keeping shell is that they could edit these with the Windows
Explorer options dialog.

Just ideas I'm playing with.