httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Massive changes to Win32 generated MAK files
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 00:50:50 GMT
> Sorry, answered my own concern.  From the somewhat restricted
> communities
> page (you will need to fill out a survey to access)...

Seems I spoke too soon (shouldn't believe everything I read)...

These programs from the previous post are not part of the compiler
distribution I downloaded.  Note that VCTOBPR -> BPR2MAK would have
addressed our needs.

BPR2MAK.EXE	Converts project file from XML to MAKE file format for use with
command-line tools
DCC32.EXE	Object Pascal compiler (32-bit), command-line version
REGSRVR.EXE	Registers ActiveX and OLE server .DLLs
RLINK32.DLL	Resource linker (32-bit)
TLIBIMP.EXE	(Type Library Import) tool. Takes existing type libraries and
creates C++Builder Interface files. Incorporated into the Type Library
editor.
VCTOBPR.EXE	Converts Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 and 6.0 project (.DSP) and
workspace (.DSW) files to their equivalent Borland C++Builder files

Now the MAKE file formats are very similar, but here we go back to a
necessity of make file distribution.  Since the options and target rules
change, the existing make file is not directly usable.

I support eliminating Win32/VC MAK files -now-, if someone proposes the
right patch using msdev.exe (building individual targets without excessive
recursion, thank you please!)  I will work with the BCC 5.5 package to set
up a build stratagy that perhaps will work for both and cooperate with the
IDEs (of VC first, then Borland's C++ Builder IDE - which is -not- in the
free command-line package.)

OtherBill