httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0 and ISAPI
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:21:35 GMT

It entirely depends if there is an author dedicating the
effort to writing/porting such a module.  Just an FYI,
I don't speak for the ASF, and am simply an NT contributor.
I can assure you that the 2.0/NT version will be a stable
and solid server platform (at least those aspects that
application authors have control over).

Apache is a voulenteer effort, given to creating a cross-
platform web server.  I wouldn't expect the ASF to adopt
such a module, but to provide a reference to other authors
who created such a Windows specific feature.  Note that
even the mod_fcgi add-in along with many others fall
outside of the ASF server project.

I for one am excited to see as many unix features ported
to the Windows environment, and am working on several
myself.  But again, it takes voulenteers to achieve all
the things that folks would enjoy.

Good luck with your server

Bill