httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Draft proposal: Win32 Compilation Environment Step 1
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:07:51 GMT

It's wonderful, but there's the issue of resolving the paths to the
dll (we have several executable folders today, and due to developers
and admins trying to use several different versions, we can't trust
the shell path to resolve anything).

We are of the same mind... aprlib.dll is its own beast, unless 10
or fewer functions are invoked (think ap_snprintf etc, and especially
the installation helper dll).

By the way, the startup time dropped by 50% once the linker didn't
need to relocate the dll's.