httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/include apr_errno.h
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 16:21:35 GMT
> > > APR_OS_START_ERRNO2 (for platforms that have error codes that
> > > overlap with
> > > errno.  ALL platforms would use this, including UNIX)
> > > APR_OS_START_ERROR  (begin APR error codes)
> > > APR_OS_START_STATUS (befin APR status codes)
> > > APR_OS_START_SYSERR (to map errno codes for platforms
> that don't have
> > > them)
> > > APR_OS_START_USEERR (for APR apps that want to layer their
> > > own codes along
> > > with APR.  [Note, I'm not sure how useful this is, personally])
>
> The above is IMHO how this should be done.  I'll be implementing this
> today, and I'll post a patch which should work cross platform easily.

Guess I never got the jist of -where- you wanted them declared, but looking
forward to the patch to see these ideas gel!

Kudos to Jeff and thanks for the original proposal... you know you are on to
something when you raise this much heat.  Obvious patches and fixes don't
tug on opinions... it's only when we strike a match to the ideas that
haven't solidified yet :~)