httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support htdigest.mak htpasswd.mak rotatelogs.mak
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2000 20:19:40 GMT
More quick cleanup as I came across it.

Big issue, we want to always bind to the VC library DLL,
since that doesn't suffer the ever-volitile problems of apr.
No sense in linking in the standard library stuff.

I also believe we should always compile multi-threaded.
This provides APR to play whatever games it likes without
hurting the application... even when the app thinks it is
a single threaded entity, APR may wish to thread certain
calls.  This simply impacts the compile options so the
[Debug] Threading DLL is always invoked.  (It saves us
from distributing multiple C library DLL's, as well.)

With the MD5 patch I just tossed up, and small code
changes herein, all four support objects build.

I also realized that the <stdlib.h> belongs in apr.hw, given
how we do things... there are way too many emits on undef'd
functions.

If a support binary is built on APR, it should never need
the ap_config garbage, IMHO.