httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: MS VC++ with 2.0
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:57:53 GMT

Thank you for the suggestion. But my primary concern really revolves
not around the core team and occasional contributors, but the apache
admins who will be using 2.0.  Granted, some will be developers with
the latest and greatest (probably 7.0) compiler, but I know many
software hacks who dropped that interest in favor of networking and
internet works, and hardware hacks who moved to the software side.

I just don't want extra barriers to use.  If we few developers have
to work around this, to make the product directly buildable by a
larger target group, then we do so.

Ya realize I wouldn't even be arguing this if we weren't talking
about a defaulted project pragma, a numeric stamp and line continuation.
There are really -no- fundimental differences that I've identified
between the project files!!!  Let's also consider that converters to
the Borland/Watcom/etc IDE's may recognize 5.0 files, but not 6.0/7.0.

Bill