httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: [Patch 2.0] .dsp link options
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:27:31 GMT
THIS ISN'T a silly question - Win32 READERS ALERT.

I should have mentioned right off that I contrived a starting
address >10000000 (dll address space).  I'm using GroupWise 5.5.3,
Office97, VC5, and many, many more applications.  Here's the rub...

We don't want to be conflicting with any common app (if we hit up
on Joe J's shareware cd labeler, oh well).  Watch the symbols when
Apache loads, you will get a message like;

Relocated aprlib.dll due to address conflict with somecode.dll
at 0x10000000

I'm sure you've noticed this before.

If ANYONE sees a conflict with anything more than some obscure dll,
please advise on the list.  We can't predict/test every combination
of platforms, so we better be ready to react if it conflicts with
something like the novell redirector, etc.  There are no rules to
this game :-)

I'll toss together a simple .dll scanner that pulls nothing but the
reloc base/length from all the dll's on a machine a reports the used
and available pages (they must be on 64k boundries last time I checked).