httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: 2.0 naming
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:40:30 GMT
> From: Doug MacEachern [mailto:dougm@covalent.net]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 2:35 AM

The complete list you submitted looks to long to toss as one patch.
Many look like Standard C names, but I didn't dig into them.  To
make it manageable, can I suggest focusing on the APR declared
names first, before tackling httpd?

The following names are problematic...

> 1. API_EXPORT
> 1. API_EXPORT_NONSTD
> 1. MODULE_VAR_EXPORT
> 1. API_VAR_EXPORT
> 1. CORE_EXPORT
> 1. CORE_EXPORT_NONSTD

API_* will become one of TWO different sets of names, and I was
going to kep API_* for the Apache core componenents.  CORE_*
wrappers are actually notes to the implementor, not really any
different from API_ wrappers.  *_VAR_EXPORT really should
become *_EXPORT_VAR, and MODULE_VAR_EXPORT become simply EXPORT_VAR,
since it is involitale (it won't change by context.)

All API_* declarations in the apr library headers were to become
APR_*.  I don't care if these become AP_ instead, however. The
point is they must be split, and declarations for APR_ (or AP_)
updated in the apr header files.