httpd-dev mailing list archives

From m...@mjwilcox.com
Subject Re: Server auto-reconfiguration
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2000 02:26:56 GMT
On 21 Mar 00, at 20:53, James G Smith wrote:

> What ACAP gives us is a way of addressing the configuration items, even
> if we don't use the ACAP syntax -- they've already had to think of how
> to name everything - those issues transcend the particular sequence of
> bits used to represent the entities.

I'm not sure that you should even just lock in ACAP. I'm also not
one to say that we should lock in LDAP, XML, etc. I do know that
I'd rather try my luck with LDAP or something like XML-RPC than
ACAP at the moment because more people out there have built
things like this with LDAP or XML (e.g. Tomcat) than ACAP. I'd be
more concerned if this became something part of the core of
Apache than an optional module.

Actually I guess what I'd like to see would be a standard
configuration interface and people could plugin in their own
particular configuration system.

Mark