httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <l...@hyperreal.org>
Subject RE: March 2000 Netcraft Web Server Survey (fwd)
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2000 21:53:04 GMT
According to Marc Slemko:

>  Not bad.  Of course, it would be 0.91 percent higher if the
>  mod_x-httpd-php3_script were included in the Apache numbers.  Not that
>  the Apache gains are necessarily really due to real gains in
>  the use of Apache, but that is another issue.
>
>  Does any standard module do ugly things like:
>
>       Server: mod_x-httpd-php3_script Apache/1.3.11 (Unix)
>
>  or is that just a hack local to webmailer.de?

webmailer.de is the server hosting all 'Strato' sites
(one of the biggest web-hosting companies in germany in terms
of domains/sites).

A friend of mine is maintaining the server and he told me some
time ago that they are using a hacked module. The ordering
in the server header is not intentional. I forgot about the
reason why the ordering is messed up, but I'll contact him and
try 'fixing' this for the next survey.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht             - Instant programmer... just add coffee!
lars@hyperreal.org