httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: layered I/O (was: cvs commit: ...)
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 02:03:06 GMT
On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> Below, you talk about doing this without performance implications. Well,
> that loop is one that you've added. :-)

it's very easy to optimize the loop further -- by hashing the strings
which run the direct matches.

it's really helpful to consider a simple example:

accessing foo.cgi, which generates "Content-Type: text/x-parsed-html"
which requires mod_include to run.

to run foo.cgi r->handler is set to "cgi-handler", which assuming we do
the hash right, is picked off immediately and run without looping.

then r->content_type is updated, and set to "text/x-parsed-html", and
again, if we've done the hash right, then it's picked off immediately
without looping.

Dean