httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_actions.c mod_asis.c mod_autoindex.c mod_cgi.c mod_dir.c mod_include.c mod_mime.c mod_negotiation.c mod_userdir.c
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 01:12:06 GMT

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000 rbb@apache.org wrote:

> 2) Merge the IOL stuff into APR types.  This was discussed a while ago,
> and there are people who don't like this idea, but it does solve this
> problem.

who doesn't like it and why?

> 3) Re-design the IOL stuff to hide the internals a bit less.
>
> I really don't care what we do, but I see no way to redesign this code to
> fix the problem without affecting the IOL's in some big way.  I'll
> probably put this off until tomorrow, because I don't really feel like
> dealing with it today.

i tried to stress a long time ago that iols were just something to get me
up and going... proof of concept.  i figured that when ben demonstrated
ssl that it was "good enough" for now.

by all means, do something more complicated.

might i suggest looking at NSPR again?  :)  just look at what their
layering provides.

Dean