httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: A couple of important features for 2.0
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:20:01 GMT
On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Tony Finch wrote:

> This doesn't solve the problem of changing data structures; I think
> that will have to be dealt with by adding accessor functions to the
> API and making third party modules use them.

also doesn't solve fundamental changes... picking one out of the 1.3
CHANGES file at random:

  *) API: A new field in the request_rec, r->mtime, has been added to
     avoid gratuitous parsing of date strings.  It is intended to hold
     the last-modified date of the resource (if applicable).  An
     update_mtime() routine has also been added to advance it if
     appropriate.  [Roy Fielding, Ken Coar]

Dean