httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Please apply 1.3 patches to 2.0 as well
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:57:53 GMT
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 03:23:05AM -0800, Dale Ghent wrote:
> > Also, we need to port in the 1.3.9 -> 1.3.11 changes, dont we? I am under
> > the impression that the base code for 2.0 is 1.3.9 vintage (from looking
> > at the CVS logs)
>
> Well the goal of my plea was to convince people to port their changes.
> Trying to merge in all the 1.3.9->1.3.13_dev changes would be
> horrible, especially since some (not none, not all) of those changes
> have been made in 2.0. It's far easier to just try to parallelize it
> and get people to port their changes themselves.

the problem is that this is error prone.

we need to generate a 1.3.9->1.3.12 patch and start walking through it by
hand to make sure every change has been brought forward.  it can be broken
up into pieces... i'll go commit a file to 2.0/src which indicates what
has been merged and what hasn't so folks can contribute/commit patches to
bring things forward.

Dean