httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject RE: ap_status_t for Win32
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:52:56 GMT

> > definitions that tell the OS where to place it's own error
> > numbers.  Set
> > APR_OS_START_ERROR = 0xA0000000.  Move on from there.
>
> Actually, what about inverting the 29th bit for windows errors.
> ergo, erno & 0x20000000 is reserved for windows, everything else
> stays apr, and the bit is flipped back on evaulation.
>
> What I'm trying to propose is cross platform defintions of macro
> wrappers, not a specific means to the end.

Ahh.  So we are trying to solve two different problems.  :-)  That
explains why I couldn't see the need for all of this.  I'm still not sure
if this is required or not, simply because if you just define APR_OS_FOO
in apr_errno.h, you have cross-platform APR status and error codes
already.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131