httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/dso/os2 Makefile.in dso.c dso.h
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:09:15 GMT
On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, David Reid wrote:

> I have to admit that when I was looking for a problem with opening a file
> having the error string would have been very helpful.  Perhaps Manoj's idea
> of a get_error routine for every type is the best one?  It should make
> finding the error easier and should be easy enough to implement.
>
> I know Ryan doesn't like it though!

It's not that I don't like the idea, it's that the idea wouldn't have
solved your problem.  The reason you weren't seeing an error message, I
think, is because in Apache, we are currently losing some error messages
whenever the parent re-opens the log file.  Martin Pool posted this bug,
and I posted a possible fix, but nobody has had the time to implement it
yet.

Besides, if ap_strerror is ever implemented on all platforms, your error
messages would have been BeOS specific.

Ryan