httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject r->input (was: cvs commit: ...)
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:54:12 GMT
On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 rbb@apache.org wrote:

> > > no change was made to this part of the API.
> >
> > Yes there was. Ryan introduced ap_setup_api(). That appears to be

oops. typo... yah, I meant ap_setup_input.

> > redundant to ap_setup_client_block().
>
> No.  I added ap_setup_input, and it was totally separate from
> ap_setup_client_block.  All ap_Setup_input does, is check for a valid
> r->input, and if it isn't there, open the file pointed to by the
> request_rec.  Regardless, this change has been moved to outside of the
> module.  ap_invoke_handler can do this just fine.

Ah! This wasn't clear to me when I read the code. Didn't look at that part
close enough.

I mistakenly thought r->input referred to the *connection* input, rather
than the opened file.

Hrm. For generated sources or sources that don't map to a file-like API,
this isn't going to work. For example, mod_autoindex. That thing generates
the basic content of the response.

Cheers,
-g

--