httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src Makefile.in
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2000 23:23:43 GMT
On 27 Mar 2000 rbb@locus.apache.org wrote:

> rbb         00/03/27 15:21:22
>
>   Modified:    src      Makefile.in
>   Log:
>   Change the name from apache back to httpd.

I have just changed the 2.0 binary from apache back to httpd.  There were
people on this list suggesting that this was the correct thing to do.
Plus, people have submitted bugs and mentioned in passing that if we are
going to change the name, we should also change the name of the .conf file
and other files that reference "httpd".  If anybody hates this change, let
me know.  But it seemed to have support after the first beta.

Ryan