httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: layered I/O (was: cvs commit: ...)
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:51:33 GMT

> that's a massive change to the content-processor!
>
> you've just made it so that the content-processor *can't use the stack to
> store any context*.  all the context has to be moved to a structure which
> is used by each call to the process_data function.
>
> go take a look at mod_include, and tell me you can do this with no change.
> if so then i'll be really impressed.

BTW, I worked it out earlier today, I can modify the currently working
layered I/O code to require only two changes to current modules.  1)  They
have to set the output BUFF correctly.  2)  Modules that write out to the
network have to return STOP_HANDLERS.  Note, this is a change from what I
committed.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131