httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_cgi.c mod_include.c
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:42:12 GMT

> It would seem that mod_include should hook the output chain in one of the
> request processing hooks (which? dunno... post-translation so that it can
> determine whether include processing is enabled, surely). The hook occurs
> underneath ap_rput*(). No module would need to change to get the benefits
> of mod_include.

BTW, this design doesn't work.  At least one SSL library that I know of,
absolutley must use it's own routines to write to the network.  with this
design, the SSL module would be called to do the writing, and then the
data would be modified.  This would require core changes.

With the current design, mod_include does it's thing, and then the SSL
module gets to use it's own routines to actually write to the network.

I'll be modifying some of the layered I/O changes to address some of the
concerns brought up earlier today.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131