httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: We missed the 2.0a2 release.
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2000 01:57:54 GMT
They can play with the code by doing "cvs update". It is a bit harder for
others, so glom up a tarball and let them into the sandbox, too :-). IMO,
as long as it is called an "alpha" there is little quality control (since
you can pop out a new one two days later), and the *motivation* is to get
functionality out to people to experiment with.

Of course, I'm in the peanut gallery here. If you aren't inclined to take
time until next Friday, then more power to you. hehe.. :-)  My POV is
you're the RM for 2.0 until somebody wants to thumb-wrestle you for it.
I'll just bug you to "release early, release often." And each time that I
do, you can simply tell me to stuff it or do it myself :-)

Meta-rationale: I'm hoping to alter people's mindset from rock-solid,
stable 1.3.x releases to what-the-hell 2.0 alpha releases. We service our
community better by delivering functionality sooner rather than later.

Have a great weekend,
-g

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/