httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Dependancies aren't working.
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2000 01:37:17 GMT
On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 07:17:22PM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > > I think I prefer the current setup. Now, we don't have to deal with
> > > periodic dependency checkins to CVS.
> >
> > Yeah, but instead we have to deal with developers complaints.  :-)
>
> We could always add a line to make dependencies automatically.
>
> all: depend

I don't think it should happen there :-) ... BUT! If we add it to
buildconf, then we should be set. Only developers use buildconf, and that
only happens occasionally. It would be a good place to insert a "make
depend".

As part of the release, we snapshot stuff after the buildconf -- this
means we have proper dependencies during a release.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/