httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Server auto-reconfiguration
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2000 02:24:27 GMT

> I'm not sure that you should even just lock in ACAP. I'm also not
> one to say that we should lock in LDAP, XML, etc. I do know that
> I'd rather try my luck with LDAP or something like XML-RPC than
> ACAP at the moment because more people out there have built
> things like this with LDAP or XML (e.g. Tomcat) than ACAP. I'd be
> more concerned if this became something part of the core of
> Apache than an optional module.
>
> Actually I guess what I'd like to see would be a standard
> configuration interface and people could plugin in their own
> particular configuration system.

This is in plan.  Manoj and I have both talked about Configuration
Modules, which read from and write to different configuration sources.

The real question, is what is the internal representation going to be?  I
personally think the internal representation should stay the same as it is
now.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131