httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: A hints file or more configure options?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:51:51 GMT
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I've been playing around with 2.0 on some older machines running
> A/UX, my favorite hybrid system. Now A/UX prefers FLOCK mutex
> rather than FCNTL (others may as well). Now I see 2 ways of
> handling these: (1) some sort of hints file that primes the cache
> as it were and (2) more flags/options to the various configure
> scripts to allow people to bypass the "configure knows best"
> selections :)
>
> (1) might be a good idea no matter what. For example, again using
> A/UX, CC needs to be gcc, CFLAGS needs to include -D_POSIX_SOURCE
> and LIBS need to include -lposix and -lbsd. We determined a bunch
> of these with 1.3, and it might be nice to have some sort
> of mechanism to make this easier.

I think we also need to make the checking work better.  I have taken the
current code from MM, but I think we need to be a bit smarted in our
decisions.

> (2) also should be done, I guess, for completeness...

This has always been in plan for APR, but nobody has done it.  I have been
too busy with other things, so it has slipped to my after 2.0 releases
list.  :-)

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131