httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Apache 2.0a (fwd)
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:10:59 GMT

If nobody else wants it, I'll respond to this guy later tonight.

Ryan

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Anyone want to answer a few questions for a reporter?
>
> 	Brian

located in Slovakia (Europe) and issued in slovak language (www.zive.sk). I am going to announce
that the version No 2 is comming up. I would like to get some answers. Thank you for your
information.

> Today's current version of the most popular internet HTTP server application recomended
for common using is the version marked as 1.3.12. But you have now released Apache 2.0 Alpha.
It is not compiled and (if I understand it correctly) it is not recommended for common using
yet. When was it released (I mean date) and when do you think will be released the "real"
Apache 2.0?

> Would you be so kind and explain with few words what will bring the new "Portable Run-time"
for developers and/or administrators?

> Would you be so kind and explain with few words what is behind the term "new Multi-Processing
modules"?

> People say that the new Portable Run-time and the Multi-processing modules are not everything
that we can expect in next few months. Could you let out some features that you are preparing
for next minor versions?

> Can you tell us (or estimate) how many developers have participated on developing Apache
Server?

> What do you think, why is Apache WebServer so much popular? Is it its price, abilities,
security, power, something else or a combination of a few server features and  attributes?
Why should and why should not people choose ApacheWebserver for a public HTML server?

> What do you think is the most important when someone builds and administers a webserver?
>

> Thank you for your support and quick answer.
>
> Gabriel Gajdos

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131