httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support htpasswd.mak htpasswd.dsphtpasswd.c
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:51:10 GMT
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > >
> > > There should be a working htpasswd under apr/test.
> >
> > htpasswd in apr/test looks back level compared to what is in src/support.
> > Sascha made one small change in the test version which I can migrate into
> > src/httpd.c. Do you intend to leave htpasswd, et. al. in src/support?
>
> +1 on leaving these programs in src/support.
>
> If src/lib/apr/test/{support-progs} have been updated compared to
> src/support, then that work should be migrated to src/support. Eventually,
> the support programs should NOT be in lib/apr/test.

They were moved to apr/test so that we could test things without mucking
up the src/support directories, and as proof of concepts.  They should not
be kept in apr/test anymore.  They should be moved out to src/support so
that people don't try to port these programs again.

> Agreed, but that work should be folded into src/support and the
> equivalents in the test dir ought to be nuked.

That was always the plan, but nobody has done it yet.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131