httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src CHANGES
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:37:20 GMT

> Yikes, who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?  Backing out patches is
> a rare occurance. I use a mail filter to direct cvs messages to a dedicated
> folder, so I don't see the commits until I am ready to look at them. And in
> this particular case, I have other changes to the tree that I am not ready
> to commit which prevents me from doing a cvs commit at the src level. And I
> would rather do two short commits that type in multiple long file names to
> do one commit. BFD. However....

I watch commits as they come in so I can comment on them.  We may not
backout changes often, but we do back them out occasionally, and this is a
bad habit to get into.

> Since your brought this up, is it kosher to do a commit as follows (from
> src):
>
> cvs commit CHANGES os/win32/install

I am 99% sure this is fine to do, but give it a try, and when you type in
the CVS log, it tells you what files are being modified.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131