httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support htpasswd.mak htpasswd.dsphtpasswd.c
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:10:08 GMT
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> > There should be a working htpasswd under apr/test.
>
> htpasswd in apr/test looks back level compared to what is in src/support.
> Sascha made one small change in the test version which I can migrate into
> src/httpd.c. Do you intend to leave htpasswd, et. al. in src/support?

+1 on leaving these programs in src/support.

If src/lib/apr/test/{support-progs} have been updated compared to
src/support, then that work should be migrated to src/support. Eventually,
the support programs should NOT be in lib/apr/test.

> > I think we need to start making our support programs use APR, so they are
> > portable.
>
> Agree.

Agreed!

> > David Reid and I spent a lot of time getting these things ompiling and
> > working on multiple platforms, and I would appreciate it if we used them
> > when at all possible.

Agreed, but that work should be folded into src/support and the
equivalents in the test dir ought to be nuked.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/