httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: mpm_status.c
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:01:49 GMT

The point of the new mod_status callbacks, is that different MPM's should
be implementing the status stuff differently.  For example, dexter doesn't
even use a scoreboard table in shared memory.  prefork doesn't need to
have any threading information, and Windows doesn't need a shared memory
scoreboard either.

I think this stuff needs to stay where it is.

Ryan

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, David Reid wrote:

> OK, I'm raising this here as there has been a bit of discussion about
> where things belong recently.
>
> The attached is a new file (mpm_status.c) that I think should live in
> src/main.  Why?  It''s non-mpm and non-os specific and is used by the
> mpm modules so is core to apache and not part of mod_status.  Also
> attached are diffs for mpm_status.h to allow the file to function.  I
> toyed with the idea of putting it in util_mpm.c but then all the
> functions are related to mpm_status and so a seperate file seemed like
> a good idea.
>
> david

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131