httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Apache 2.0a2 ready for release?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:27:56 GMT

> I don't think it matters what is added or not. The question is, "does this
> thing compile and run, and has it moved forward since the last release?"
>
> I presume that it still compiles/runs, and we've seen commits. Release
> today if that strikes your fancy :-)

I am still waiting until Friday, because I would like to get IOL in before
the next alpha.

> btw, I would also suggest moving the 2.0 information *below* the 1.3 info
> on the main httpd.html page at apache.org. We should be stressing 1.3 for
> a while yet.

I disagree.  It is very obvious that this is an alpha release, and is not
recommended for most people.  We are stressing the most recent releases.
If we release a 1.3.X, then it goes above 2.0.  When we release 2.0a2, we
remove the 2.0a1 announcement.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131