httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: FreeBSD core'ing.
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:30:00 GMT

I think FreeBSD runs out of semaphores very quickly with the default
compilation.  On locus, we aren't core'ing anymore, but we get an error
message saying there aren't enough semaphores to create a new one.  We are
generating the correct error message, but we shouldn't be receiving that
message, because we should be using a different locking mechanism.

I would like to have this fixed before the 2.0a2.  I am waiting until I
have faster access to a FreeBSD box (hopefully tomorrow) before I devote
real time to fixing this.

Ryan

> That's only half an answer, though, surely SYSVSEM should work on
> FreeBSD even if it isn't appropriate?
>
> I assume this means there's aither a fault in the error reporting or in
> SYSVSEM which should be fixed _before_ switching FreeBSD to using
> another method?
>
> BTW ... damn! I'd come to this conclusion before and forgotten about it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.
>
> --
> SECURE HOSTING AT THE BUNKER: http://www.thebunker.net/hosting.htm