httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@ntrnet.net>
Subject A couple of important features for 2.0
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:05:40 GMT

I have had a couple of discussions with people recently, and I would like
to add a couple of items to the todo list for 2.0.  I think if we can get
this stuff into the release ASAP, we can still stick to our current
release schedule.

1)  IO Layering.  The enabling logic has been in for a few months, we need
to turn it on.  There are multiple groups of people who need this.  I
would like to turn this one this week for the next alpha (which I would
like to release Friday, more on this in the next note).

2)  Backwards compatability.  It would be VERY nice if we could figure out
some way to make modules backwards compatable within major releases.  I
don't mind breaking compatability between 2.0 and 3.0, but between 2.0 and
2.1, modules shouldn't need to be re-compiled.  :-)  I have no good ideas
on how to do this, but I will be working on it.

3)  Inter-module communication.  Basically, what EAPI does for 1.3.  I
need to look into what this means in much more detail.  I'll post more
when I understand the request.  (I'm not sure the IOL doesn't handle this,
but I'll look into it and post more ASAP).

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131