httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Compilation on Windows
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2000 02:55:02 GMT

I haven't tried to do any real work on Windows for about three months.  I
know that it does compile on WinNT, but that's all I can say for sure.  I
do not believe there has been much work done to get things working on 95
and 98.  It will be done at some point, but our focus currently has been
NT and 2000.

Ryan

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Brian Moon wrote:

> I am sure this is my fault as Ryan said he had no problems at the APR
> session.  but, none the less, I am getting this when compiling 2.0a on
> Win98.  I did not report it to bugzilla because Ryan had said he got it
> going.  What is going on?  any ideas?
>
> -----------------
>
> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
>
>         set SHORT=R
>         set LONG=Release
>         cd lib\apr
>         nmake /nologo CFG="aprlib - Win32 %LONG%" -f aprlib.mak
> Invalid configuration "aprlib - Win32 %LONG%" specified.
> You can specify a configuration when running NMAKE
> by defining the macro CFG on the command line. For example:
>
> NMAKE /f "aprlib.mak" CFG="aprlib - Win32 Debug"
>
> Possible choices for configuration are:
>
> "aprlib - Win32 Release" (based on "Win32 (x86) Dynamic-Link Library")
> "aprlib - Win32 Debug" (based on "Win32 (x86) Dynamic-Link Library")
>
> aprlib.mak(19) : fatal error U1050: An invalid configuration is specified.
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL
> STUDIO\VC98\BIN\N
> MAKE.exe"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
>

> Brian Moon