httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@ntrnet.net>
Subject Other child logic.
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2000 21:02:44 GMT

I was just looking through the items in the 2.0 status file.  One of the
items is that other_child stuff isn't working on any platforms.  Somebody
suggests pulling it out of the MPMs and putting it in a common file in
src/main.  Dean suggests pulling it out of the MPMs and putting it in an
os specific file.  I would like to suggest a third option.

Move the other_child logic out of Apache altogether.  Put it in APR and be
done with it.  The other_child stuff is great, and it will work much
better because we will have access to all of the information about the
processes.  I will be creating a patch for this, and I will post it here
before commiting it.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131