httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvsweb upgrade
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2000 20:03:34 GMT
On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 10:24:12AM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> > As a demo, I dropped ViewCVS onto locus:
> >
> >   http://www.apache.org/~gstein/viewcvs.cgi/
>
> This is sweet. +1.
>
> I'll be happier when we have our versioned WebDAV access, though. :)

You and me both, big guy!

For instance, I hope to add a UUID into a property for each revision in a
checkin set. Using DASL to search for that property/value, you could
immediately see all the files in a particular checkin (rather than having
to match them up by author/date/comment). Then link that into your bug
database when you close a bug. Or have the CVS checkin script include the
URL in the email notice. etc.  All kinds of coolness will be possible :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/