httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Blue Lang <b...@calico.gator.net>
Subject Re: [module porting] mod_proxy
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:41:09 GMT

> ability to pass information like the remote IP address etc. to the backend
> machines. Squid comes fairly close, but can't handle the encryption for
> the first case, and isn't transparent - the backend boxes see and log
> incoming connections from the front-end, not from the client.

Does mod_proxy allow the back end boxes to somehow map the real client ip?
If so, could you not easily port that functionality into squid? I'm not
sure why you would use squid over apache, or vice-versa, in that
situation, I'm just curious about it.

Thanks,

--
        Blue Lang                              Unix Systems Admin
        QSP, Inc., 3200 Atlantic Ave, Ste 100, Raleigh, NC, 27604