httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@hbesoftware.com>
Subject Re: Server auto-reconfiguration
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 00:45:09 GMT
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
> > Yes, and it would make things like addind Vhosts without restarting your
> > server.  No need to have downtime at all anymore :-)
>
> can't you do this now with the mass vhosting support?

Yes, but this was just the example.  We are talking dynamically
reconfiguring any given part of apache.  Think configuration web
interface.

> > I don't think its something unrealistic. (Being part of the original
> > discussion).  I also think I remember hearing Brian mentionning dynamic
> > (re)configuration at one of the Apache-2.0 talks.  I can see some stuff as
> > not really modyfiable, like ServerRoot, but most of the rest could be
> > changed at runtime without problem, IMO.
>
> i've never had a problem with graceful restart.

That's true, but not if you add mod_perl to the mixture...

> Dean

| Philippe M. Chiasson  <gozer@hbesoftware.com> |
| SmartWorker http://www.smartworker.org        |
|     IM : gozerhbe  ICQ : gozer/18279998       |
Recycle bits please.
#!/usr/bin/perl
$a='#!/usr/bin/perl%c$a=%c%s%c;printf($a,10,39,$a,39,10);%c';printf($a,10,39,$a,39,10);