httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Whacking access.conf, srm.conf, Makefile.tmpl
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 00:21:34 GMT

Greg Stein and Daniel Lopez are looking into doing it now.  They made the
decision to do the work at Apache Con.  I may be wrong about how far they
are going to go when implementing their changes.  They may just be
changing the code that does the directive def to accept XML if the module
writer provides it.

Ryan

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> what's happenning on the "new configuration language" front?  'cause i've
> been staring at the unprototyped function pointer in http_config.h for a
> long time thinking that it'd be nice to fix that properly... which would
> mean a config api overhaul.
>
> Dean
>
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
>
> > Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> >
> > > I'd like to eliminate more unused stuff from the tree: access.conf,
> > > srm.conf (and the code that uses them), and Makefile.tmpl. Any objections?
> >
> > Yes please. And if you want to break backwards compatibility to some extend
> > perhaps also 'fix' CacheNegotiatedDocs'; force more syntax or at
> > least'"'
> > into ErrorDocument and perhaps remove all logging options/modules except for
> > mod_log_config :-)
> >
> > Dw.

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131